Monday, May 23, 2005

Tiring trip but nice arrival

So that's it, the beginning of my big trip in South America has started.
I flew from Paris to Quito via Madrid.
My grand father drove me to the airport at 5:45am this morning for a journey that has last more less 19 hours.
Luckily it did not seem as a too long trip because on the flight from Madrid to Quito I got entertained by some Spanish doctor from Barcelona. Conversing with him definitly helped the hours pass quicker!
At the airport of Quito, Fabian and Toya were waiting for me.
We then had a 45mn drive untill their home which is in a city just outside Quito, what a nice drive in those beautiful green valles.
On the road from the airport to my new home for two months, Toya and Fabian had all kind of questions for me to know how the family is going on.
As of that very first contact, I’m sure I’m going to be having a great time and that I’m going to enjoy the family I will be staying with.
Their home is absolutly great with huge volumes a swimming pool and huge room for me. What a change in comparison to the students accomodation room I have been having over the year. This room is no kidding 5 times the size.
Tonight, will not be a long night. I am exhausted, the trip has pumped all my energy away and above all last night I've bearly been able to sleep an hour because of the excitement.
I am just looking forward to take advantage of my new room, jump in bed and leave my inconscient imagination take over my conscience. I need a long and still night so that as of tomorrow I may be totally ready to take advantage of this very new world.
So I’ll jump in bed and keep you updated soon.

No comments: