Monday, June 27, 2005

B-Day

This morning the wake up call was really hard, but I went for breakfast and tried to recover from last night intense party in the Amazon. There was no way a breakfast was enough; I have been hung out all day and you know what I think that I have by far not the worse hang out. After breakfast, I quickly packed all my belongings, gave a tip to the crew and hoped for the last time on that little boat. This time it was no more going to take us on an excursion, but it was only going to take to our starting point, the city of Coca.
As Christina and Daniela left straight away, because they were taking the preceding flight for Quito, we decided to go for a little and quick city tour before hanging out at the airport for our flight to leave.
As we got to Quito, Toya was waiting for me at the airport. So quick goodbye to everyone and then big hug to Toyita. She offered me to have lunch wherever I wanted, so we went to Burger King for my B-day, that’s what I was asking for. After lunch, we went to the post office, the hospital (Toya went to visit a friend), to the pharmacy because I was positive I had forgotten my toiletries which I actually had not and then home so that I could take a rest and recover from the night before.
My father woke me up with an adorable Birthday call I wasn’t expecting him to call me so late, but he did and I loved it. We then went to Blanche’s house to celebrate my Birthday with the Izurieta family, a little later Carolina came with a lot of candies for me and a very nice letter. We all had a nice talk around some chips and olives, speaking about movies, past events, my trip to the jungle and a lot of other stuff. For dinner we had Chinese food and for desert my Birthday cake. Then Blanche played piano for me as Carolina sung, I really enjoyed having Carolina sing a high pitched love song with her beautiful voice just for me. After that people started to leave, but I wasn’t ready for that yet, so I had a seat on the sofa with Raul.
He is suppose to be a ping pong champ and wanted to have a ping pong game with me, but not unless he could bet money. So I offered an amount, he thought it was ridiculous and didn’t want anything under 20 dollars. Ok so lets go for it! By the end the two set game I was US$20 dollar richer. Nice and easy money.
After the game, we all left. Toya, Fabian and I drove back home and had a good night sleep.

No comments: