Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Wired break up!

This morning I took the bus to the Cinemark. Once I was there I decided to call several of friends and family, so I’ve spent the entire morning on the phone over the Atlantic. At lunch time, I met up with Leny, not to share food with her but to have a drink before meeting Carolina. At about 2:30pm, I met up with Carolina, we headed to Quicentro to have lunch in Crepes and Waffles. It was quite a nice lunch, speaking about my w-e in the Amazon and all kind of other stuff. By desert, I had found enough determination and courage to do what nobody likes doing, finding the words to break up. But the fun part is that as soon as we broke up, she invited me for a dance, she finally wanted to give my first dancing lesson. So we drove to a very touristy but full of bars quarter, picked a Cuban bar, and I finally learned a couple steps of meringue, salsa and flamenco. I felt like a fool being taught how to put one foot in front of the other, but never mind because if there is one thing the Latinos should teach our Western society, it definitely is how to dance. At around 6:00pm, when Carolina headed off, I met with Diego for another drink at the same place. Diego then dropped me for 8:15pm at the Polytechnique Theatre so that I could attend a Spanish dance show in which was participating Toya’s nice of 11 year old. There only were young children participating, from 5 to 15 year old people. I loved it especially seeing the youngest dance in such a disordinated manner. But it was absolutely beautiful, with beautiful dresses of every possible flashy color.
After the show, we went for a drink with the entire family, but I was really tired because of my flue and even though I was having a nice time speaking about Paris, I was happy to go back home for a nice sleep.

No comments: