Monday, June 13, 2005

Work, painfull banks and Carolina

Got up to go work. Yes, back to week day!
Toya drove to one of if not Quito’s biggest mall, el Jardin. I was supposed to work there, but there was no convenient internet café. So I walked around until I found the first internet spot and worked for the entire morning. Around 1:30pm, I stopped working and looked for a bank to make some change because here in Ecuador most stores do not accept $US 100 bills, thus I had to make some change, but no bank either will accept to make some change. I went to at least 4 different banks before one of them would accept giving smaller notes. The good point is that I crossed a DVD shop that had a big choice, so I bought to movies of Al Paccino.
After having filled my wallet with small banknotes, I jogged back to el Jardin because I was late, I had given an appointment to my girl friend for lunch. We had a delicious lunch in a Japanese restaurant and then wondered around the mall before meeting up with one of her friends with who she had to set up the last details of a presentation she were to give tomorrow.
After that, we walked to a cloth store where she met up with her mother and another friend. She had to buy some black and red cloth to make a flamenco dress she would use for a show in which she is participating in two weeks.
I got bored so I decided to go by my own for some more work around a coffee and a tomato mozzarella. Then I took a taxi and drove to Daniel’s home where I was suppose to meet up with my boss. As David arrived late, I had a good 45mn talk with Daniel.
I then got to see David who specified what he was expecting out of my work, I then went with him to a MegaMaxi (mega Tesco or Migro MMM) where he showed me around and pointed out the products that were his. We did a little shopping and I bought two bottles of Bordeaux wine and a CD player as a gift for Toya and Fabian. We then drove back to Daniel’s home for diner.
After diner Toya came and pick me so that we could go get Diego, Lucy, Alegria and Felipe at the airport. They were gone for a week vacation in Chicago to see Mauricio. We then dropped them home had a drink at their place and drove back home. As we got home I handed Toya and Fabian their present, figured out how the CD player works and headed to bed for a good night sleep.

No comments: