Sunday, June 12, 2005

City centre tour and nice suprise

This morning, I layed in the sun with a nice book. For lunch Toya Fabian and I drove to Quito’s old historic centre. We had a delicious lunch in a museum that has been turned into a restaurant. After that, we went for a tour of the old city, we first went to the historic museum to have a little background of the Ecuadorian history from prehistoric times to the XVIII century. Then went to visit a couple churches as I told you there are over 40 churches in the old city only.
After all these interesting visits, Toya and Fabian drove me to the Cinemark shopping centre where I was suppose to meet the girl I had hooked up with on Friday evening. What a wired apprehension I had, I didn’t know what kind of girl I was to expect. But what a pleasant surprise, the Carolina was actually quite pretty and above all, we had a very nice time together. We sat in a restaurant to have a chocolate fruit fondue and discussed about all kind of stuff. We discovered that her grandfather actually worked in close collaboration with Toya’s brother Santiago. Lucky me! You never know what you awe to expect when you hook up in the dark and in a room where communication is impossible because of the high decibels.
Then I drove back home in a cab with a smile on my face, had dinner watched TV and got a nice night sleep.

No comments: