Thursday, June 23, 2005

Nice family dinner

Today I woke up with a phone call of Lucy that was telling me that I am expected on Friday at 9:00am to have an interview for my new next job. Great!
I woke up and chilled in the morning, around 11:30am Fabian drove me to the city centre, I had to go to the central bank to change some 100 dollar bills before I fly to the Oriente tomorrow morning after my interview. After that I went and buy several toiletries stuff for my trip and headed to the Corpei where I had a meeting with Marco Vernoj for getting extra information for my reports.
I waited for Marco for over 45mn and during that time I spoke and listened to music with the young (~28) and good looking secretary, Leny. Two hours later as I stepped out, she asked me for my email, so I gave it to her. As I opened my mail to send some information of my meeting to David, I had a really nice surprise. Leny had written me a very enjoyable mail telling me how much she appreciated the time spent with me and how good of a man I am. As you can imagine I responded straight and asked her out for a drink or something of the kind.
I then got a call from Toya who told me that tonight’s plans have changed because she was ill and couldn’t take care of me. So I decided to go home and have a little talk with her which I think she appreciated, but as soon as I left the room, she was fast asleep, so I went read in my room and packed to sleep overnight at Diego Izurieta’s and for the w-e in the Amazon on a tour trip.
At 7:30pm, a taxi driver was waiting for me on the door step to take me to Diego home. I got there, played cars, danced and laughed with Felipe until Lucy and Diego arrived from there day of work.
Around 9:30pm, Lucy, Diego and I left for a family reception that has been organized by Raul Izurieta to celebrate his nephews’ graduation. Andreas Izurieta has just graduated from high school and Raul Bermeo just finished his bachelor degree for Economics in Cornell.
It was a very formal reception with suit and tie. We had a cocktail and a delicious dinner with one of the best steak meet I have ever eaten. For desert, Raul handed over to the graduates plates on which was written down their achievement, followed by a serie of speeches and finally Raul handed a little gift, a keychain to welcome me in the family so I had to go on with a little speech, but my neck got swollen with the stress and after 30 words I was able to spite, I was chocking in my tie and had to end my speech.
But what an adorable gift and a nice thought it was. After the speeches Lucy, Diego and I headed off for a good night sleep in Quito.

No comments: