Thursday, June 02, 2005

Bet and get to know

This morning, nice and descent wake up call. What a relief!
I spent the entire morning in Fabian’s mushroom factory. I first had a detailed visit and explanation every process that has to be taken in order to increase productivity. It actually is much more complicated than it seems like to grow mushrooms. There is a three stage process which has to be constantly checked, because any slight unpredicted event may have a huge impact on the result. Whatever, I’m not here to give you an economic nor an agriculture class, but it sure was interesting. After the visit I attended a seminar on positive behaviour when going to work given to the workers of the factory, some ideas in the seminar were very interesting, I had a good time listening to it for over two hours even though it was very repetitive.
Then I came back home for lunch. Over lunch I took a bet with Fabian that Airbus was a French industry held in majority by French stockholders. I now know that I was totally wrong European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company owns 80 percent of the stocks and a British Aerospace holds the last 20 percent. Therefore, I owe Toya and Fabian a nice dinner.
After lunch, Fabian dropped me in Quicentro, one of Quito’s largest mall. I went there looking for a CD that I didn’t find, but I ended up buying some other, malls are so attracting, I couldn’t step out with empty hands. I then met up with Alexis, her boyfriend Jack and her brother Adrien for a fondue in a tiny mall called Cinemark, it was a lot of fun we talked about all kind of usual get to know people rendez-vous. After a while, they decided to head off for a nap and I went to meet up with Toya at Diego’s home. I played for a while with Filipe, what a cute baby.
When Diego got back, we went home for supper, watched TV and passed out.

No comments: