Friday, June 03, 2005

A revolution has occurred

I woke up this morning and chilled at home, not much has happened before I left with Toya for lunch we were invited at some friends of hers why are in the tourism industry and who have a daughter of my age. It was quite a big lunch about 15 people had been invited.
I sat at a table, with the daughter of my age, her brother and three boring grand parents. Boring lunch, but after lunch I started discussing with a magazine journalist who writes reviews about his travels in magazines like National Geographic. This man was an expert about the Caribbean, so we talked about his experience and mine in the islands. We then derived our talk onto the sixties and the evolution that has taken place. The evolution that was driven by the music but that had an affect on women’s rights, on social rights, on drogues…
Very interesting talk.
After the lunch and the talk, Toya drove me to Quicentro, where I bought another couple CDs and then browsed on the internet for a while. I looked up the latest evolution in transistors.
That’s it a revolution has occurred, and not anyone, the nanotechnology revolution.
Researchers from the University of Alberta have developed the first transistor built out of one molecule. I was so excited, I researched for every bit of information I could find about this new discovery.
Then, Fabian picked me up and we drove home together. In the car, interesting talks about nanotechnologies impact on economics and politics.
When we got home we had a little dinner and watched TV. I decided to stay up until 1:30am to call my parents and share my emotion about this revolution that has occurred in Canada.

No comments: