Monday, June 06, 2005

First day of work and due payed

I woke up this morning for my first working day here in Ecuador.
I m going to be working for a company which trades medicinal herbs and fruits to foreign countries.
My job will be to do market analysis of several specific fruits and herbs in order to best enter or exploit the US, EU or/and Canadian market.
The good part of this job is that I can work anywhere at anytime, I just need an internet connection and my head.
So I headed off for an internet café, I looked up several sites and several files that had been given to me, but I quickly realized that I could not start any concrete work before my task would be more specific, I have a list of over 30 different products and the EU market still is divided between all the countries that compose it. Whatever.
I decided to stop working and surf the internet until I would have more specific information.
After a while I got bored and went shopping, I haven’t found anything but a great pair of shoes to play sports wet grass, I’m sure they are going to be really useful over the coming year.
I then took a cab to Diego place to say buy to the family before they leave for a week in Chicago to visit his brother Mauricio.
For dinner I decided to pay my due to Fabian and went to a delicious French restaurant
with Fabian and Toya. It was a real fest. It had been a long time since I hadn’t eaten as well.
On the way home Fabian and I already fell sick, so we rushed to bed.

No comments: